Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Exhausted, but a lot of Fun!

Since my first post, it's been a jammed pack two days of meetings and activities here in New Orleans.  I can't believe it's only Wednesday, and I've got another two days left!  I'm exhausted, but have had a lot of fun!  Each day's routine has been round-the-clock meetings from 8am-5pm, then aperitifs, then dinner, and then more drinking...every evening doesn't get me back into my room until well past 1am, just to repeat it the next day.....Below are some snapshots to hopefully give you a taste of the past 48 hours for me in The Big Easy...
Beignets

No trip to New Orleans can be considered complete without a visit to Cafe Du Monde for the best beignets -- so good....made sure to ask for a Cafe Du Monde employee hat to bring home with me, too!

Masquerade Ball


Cafe Du Monde
With New Orleans, comes mystique, so a masquerade ball was the perfect theme for our sales awards dinner and ceremony....While everyone was polished and proper for the formal dinner, you know everyone couldn't wait to get to the post-dinner activities...Although I was exhausted and considered just calling it an early night for me, as any good group of colleagues would do, my team managed to peer pressure me into going to Bourbon Street for the third night in a row to do this at a place called "Bourbon Cowboy".............




Yep folks, that's me on a mechanical bull!  I actually did better than what the pictures would seem to suggest......After all that physical activity, we were starving!  Lots of drinking holes on Bourbon Street, but hard to find a place that we felt would be safe enough to get food and not get Hepatitis or something.  Finally found a place that seemed descent enough (relatively speaking), and cheese fries, nachos, and chicken fingers really hit the spot.  Though, at that point, I'm sure we were all so hungry that just about anything would have tasted good! 
So far, I've been to Bourbon Street every night that I've been in New Orleans, and I think I'm starting to get used to all the craziness and sleeze....nothing on the street seems to fazes me at this point, not even this sign (left) posted outside a club....And with that, I leave you with a flavor of Bourbon Street, until my next post...I'm hoping today brings some more wholesome type of fun, at least during the daylight hours...


4 comments:

  1. How long did you stay on that beast??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A descent time, since I asked the operator to go easy on me :) They forced each participant to go 3 rounds though, so my legs are pretty sore today....

      Delete
  2. Goodness Linda, jammed packed trip. Sounds like tons of fun and excitement compared to my days here to far in Colorado. You look so pretty in the mascarade ball picture.And what are beignets? They look like fried dough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beignets are a cross between a donut and fried dough...So yummy. The most famous place to get them is at Cafe Du Monde.

    ReplyDelete